Thursday, July 26, 2007

God's Empowerment - 4


The incredible, vast array of promises and purposes for God’s empowerment that the Scripture indicated in yesterday’s post is mind boggling to me. Why aren’t I experiencing more of that God-power? Am I meeting the conditions?

Condition for empowerment
Col.1:10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power …
Am I willing to accept my weaknesses as God’s tool to display His strength?
God’s power demonstrated through my weakness
2Cor.12: 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Do I have a form of godliness and deny the power?
Form of godliness but denied power- stay away from such folk
2Tim. 3:1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God--5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
AS an athletic coach would say at halftime to his team that is down by 10, “It’s gut check time.”

Summarizing the purpose of God’s power in the believer
¯ to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children
¯ the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous
¯ to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
¯ to heal the sick
¯ to drive out all demons and to cure diseases,
¯ to overcome all the power of the enemy;
¯ so that they may be one as we are one.
¯ will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." ¯ testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus,
¯ do great wonders and miraculous signs
¯ and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'
¯ for the salvation of everyone who believes:
¯ display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
¯ God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
¯ signs and miracles,
¯ and my preaching a demonstration of the Spirit's power,
¯ the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory
¯ power to demolish strongholds and we take captive every thought
¯ strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
¯ so that Christ may dwell in your hearts
¯ to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
¯ you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
¯ have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks
¯ everything we need for life and godliness .
Do you and I have a holy discontent - desiring to be empowered more by God? Am I - Are you meeting the conditions? "Father speak clearly to us.

No comments: