Friday, September 4, 2009

Needs met


The culmination to the Philippians four prescription for health is found in verses 19-20. “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen.”

Contentment, strength, all my needs met. Just part of the blessings awaiting those who are Jesus-followers. But, let's not end this study too quickly.

Something I’ve wrestled with is this. If God will supply all my needs, then why does Genesis tell us, “it is not good for man to be alone.” Or, Romans 12:4 that tells us “we really do need each other.”

May I leave you with this question and may I hear your suggestions on this? Sure would like to hear your thoughts. rburwick@mindspring.com And, Montana Gary, don’t let me down on this.

We’re going camping for the labor day weekend. Will check back with you all next week.

No comments: