Friday, July 6, 2012

God's Encouragement

god's
            Hope  you had a fire-free and happy fourth of July. It is so easy to take blessings like our freedom for granted., although our president seems to be moving  us in an other  direction.
I’m still working on the post “What I learned through my  crash and burn” reported earlier. It takes this slow learner time to integrate.
God is so good. As I’m coming out of  the crash and burn  experience, He allowed me to receive an email that was so encouraging. I hope I’m not being audacious in sharing it with you.My take on this is, God knew I was  struggling with an identity crisis. He wanted me to see that my production isn’t something  that I can always see   Then He lovingly jostles with me saying, “Quit your self-absorbed complaining, Burwick. I t is not an  identity crisis, it is a self-centered guy not getting what he wants.” And He puts  His arm around me and lovingly prompts this lady to write me the following.
“Oh Ray, God is using your book to break so many chains off of me. I know a person has to be in that place in life where they are ready to be free, to live. I, in my hurt and anger, became so lonely and vice versa . Its a life stealing, deadening trap that Satan sets up to destroy us. I will share something, my anger ( not knowing that is what it was at the time) was so bad I truly believed I was demon possessed and had many times been anointed, hands laid on me, prayer,  you name it. As I was reading, rereading now my eyes began to open and and the sexual abuse ( as a child ) and the death of my cousin/baby brother Destry when he was 2, and the horribly controlling church I grew up in and on and on I could really see them, where that seed of hurt had blossomed into the ugly putrid disease ridden heart  And I wanted free. Jesus said He came to give us LIFE “FULL AND MORE ABUNDANT" and that includes me.   

“I am as all people on a Journey in this life, and I want a Journey that is full of Him. I had to be on this part of my Journey this is the "freedom  side becoming free from anger and letting myself be free to Praise," and God is sending every means of help so that I can be the daughter He always intended me to be. Your writing is plain and simple, right to the point, no sugar coating, just a passion to help God’s children be free. It is not a self gratifying book. It’s a God glorifying book.“

Isn’t that encouraging!  It’s as though God said, “There are some definate things Ray can do to turn  the identity crisis into great value, but I’m going to give you a special blessing of encouragement with this email. Isn’t God good?

No comments: