Friday, November 28, 2008

CONNECTION

Theresa and I, two of 2500 people on a 12 story ship three football fields long.

Just got back last night from time with daughter Gretchen and family in Orlando, plus a cruise from Tampa to Grand Cayman to Cozumel and back. It’s good to be back on “terra firma”. The best part of the trip can be described as “connection.”

Connection with Gretchen who brings me so much joy, with her family, with the Herbers and Marco Habib on ship -where mutual ministry took place, and with my wife Theresa – 23 ½ -7 time together.

Connection can be instant these days with laptops and email. What happens if the laptop isn’t charged? I lose connection. What happens if I don’t maintain connection with the above mentioned people? Fellowship and intimacy connection is lost.

Same goes with God. A consistent morning connection with Him is of utmost importance. Through Scripture God pours His Word into my spirit, and I am recharged. It gives me the opportunity to hear the quiet, small voice that directs my steps. If I "get connected" with a morning discipline of solitude with Him, I hear what His choices are for me for the day. That early morning connection allows me to focus on God's purposes, not mine.

As I spend time with God I reconnect with the awareness of His love, grace and mercy, for His empowerment to live above circumstances for that day – to enjoy a day of gratitude and expectancy that God is in control, no matter the circumstances. CONNECTION!

Great to be back.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Nothing like a cruise to stretch both tummy & mind! Hubby and I took much the same route last year, enjoying most the people-watching elements (and the non-stop ice cream feasts).

Be blessed,
Kathleen