Tuesday, November 9, 2010

HOPE equals Joy and Peace

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This, one of my favorite verses, doesn't mean as much til needed... til a "hopeless" situation stares you (me) in the face. The county zoning man likes to throw his weight around and is actually violating the county code when he told us we cant build ( on 54 acres with just one house currently on it). Hopeless? Don't know. Seems like it (with two other cases somewhat similar to ours now in the state supreme court.)

I love my wife and I'm grateful for the little fifth wheel we inhabit, but a traffic light is needed in the narrow aisle at the corner of bathroom on the left and stove on the right. As I focus on the circumstances am I filled with joy and peace? NYET I have a tinge of guilt because many in the world have far less in the realm of living accommodations. And a little frustration with the zoner man. As I focus on God (and do what is appropriate to meet this man's psycho-neurotic expectation) the results are joy and peace because my HOPE is in HIM. An activity not conjured up in my ability, but by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Hope: our joyful and confident expectation of good coming from the hand of CreatorAbba PaPa (ROmans 8:28).

Would appreciate your prayers in this matter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Monday, 11/15
Folks, you who follow Ray's blog with me, Ray has had an accident this afternoon on his ranch and the x-rays indicate a break below the knee.
Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, 11/16, so please be in prayer for Ray and Teresa through this time.

cowsbell