Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gain Through Loss?

Not written for a while. Busy moving four storage units into our new house. Getting the landscaping going. But even more significant, wrestling with the concept of the title of this blog... gain - through - loss. What is the gain of losing my ability to drive? And all the other losses mentioned in the last posting, Life is over as I saw it. It's a new stage of life. The uncertainty of it at times is overwhelming. My only anchor is faith in God's promises. though at times shakey, holds.

Possibly an answer was provided by my daughter Gretchen, who was here for the weekend. She handed me a book by Andrew Murray, saying with tongue in cheek, "Dad, you need this."  The title of the book?
Humility. There is a whole lot of that develolping...much more needed.

So, after more prayer and pondering, I'll be back. What gain through all the loss?

No comments: