Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rejoicing doesn’t alleviate the pain. But it sets an atmosphere where pain is more manageable.Mondy morning, 7:30, I was modeling the gown that receives he most ink – the open back surgery gown.Rejoicing? I was not. But there  was  peace. Dr. Mandybur could easily have as his theme song: Crown Him with Many crowns.He was deftly applying a titanium crown, beginning with  gently ramming two side pieces in to each ear in my skull. He used that as  the guiding points for placement of the crown’s four-foot thorns…about 79 of them. Just teasing. That was fairly painful. But the locals he gave, about eight, to deaden the skin for entry of the probes, was rather unpleasant. Then, because the cat scan was not processed correctly he had to give them all  over  again.
After the crown was dug into my skull, he put me out and I was out for an hour or two. To be awakened with  questions and directions to perform. I told him if he could find the stutter button and disconnect it, I’d pay him double. He did find the speaking in tongues button. One prod triggered a language I hadn’t heard before. Actually, I would have called it garbolly-goop. That all happened in 4 -5 hours.
 The pain continued the following day at home with a neck sting. Tomorrow, surgery continues with the placement of the battery pack in my chest. Hopefully the  spine problem can be corrected soon.
Scores of people have told us they have been praying for me. THANKS

No comments: