Friday, July 27, 2007

God's empowerment - 5


My pastor, Kent Conrad, the guy who picqued my interest in this study, shared his thoughts with me on God's empowerment.


V Living in the power and under the anointing of the Holy Spirit is both a privilege and a responsibility.


V The privilege of hungering and thirsting after the things of the Lord is the key to the power flowing to me and through me.


V I believe that many times the power is flowing most effectively when I am the least conscious of it.


V Brokenness and true humility provide a great opportunity for the Lord to come and take over.


V The only way that I know to live in the power is to stay connected with Jesus


I pondered what it means to stay connected with Jesus. Some thoughts:

* consistent time with Him, praying, reading Scripture, the celebration of discipline of getting to know Him.

* obedience.

* facing life's challenges with a grateful heart, knowing that though the present situation may be painful, He is working through it for my good, the good of others and for His glory.


I'm sure there is more. Any thoughts from you would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Openness to God dwelling in us seems to come through brokenness and remaining available, not just to what we want to experience but also to what God wants to share with us. Not all experiences bring joy at the moment but Jesus brings joy as we passage through the experience with Him. We need to be constantly open and not be selective in our acceptance of His work in us. Being open to Him allows His full work within. God empowers those who learn to trust Him.