Thursday, April 3, 2008

Who Are You 9 - Thoughts and Actions


How does this “New Creation”, this one who experiences real identity in Christ, think? How does he/she act?

In my discipline of solitude this morning, I studied Romans 12. The thought hit me – verses 9 to 21 are the ideal, compact description of the one walking closely with Christ. As I wrote them in my journal, I asked God to show me what I needed to work on the most. May I suggest this as an exercise for you?

Characteristics of one walking closely with Christ.
Love others - hate the wrong - delightfully honor each other - not lazy -
serve God with enthusiasm - rejoice in God’s plan for your life -
patient in trouble - pray always -help the needy -
be hospitable in the home- pray God’s blessings on one who mistreats you -
rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn-
work happily together- think and act with humility- revenge not-
honest- no quarreling -be a peacemaker- allow God to do your avenging-
provide food and drink for your enemy -conquer evil by doing good.

Following the study my prayer became, “Father, which one of these needs most work in my life? Empower me as You and I co-create this characteristic developmentally.”

No comments: