Friday, May 14, 2010

Arkeo

Arkeo – a simple litle Greek word that came alive Sunday, as visiting speaker at our church, Jerry Porter, shared his story of losing their 21-year old daughter to cancer.

Arkeo – meaning “sufficient.” Arkeo is taught most frequently from 2 Corinthians 12:9 where Paul is shown praying three times for removal of the thorn in his flesh. Each time He (Christ ) said, “My grace is (sufficient) all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

AS Dr. Porter told his story of losing his daughter, he shared how the emotional pain was severe for both he and his wife. However, as the pain was processed with God (sometimes vehemetely) the assuarnce came that His grace was sufficient even for their painful situation.

How reassuring it was to be reminded that God had arkeo for me but also for my wife as she assumes a more detailed role of “taking are of me” as I or if I become immobile with Parkinson’s Disease.

I still abhor the idea of becoming a burden to my precious wife, but when those thoughts come I must bring to recall "ARkeo – sufficiency, God’s that is, for all we have to face. "

Do you have any need for arkeo today?

No comments: