Thursday, May 20, 2010

We're enjoying our stay at Theresa's son's new house in Arvada, Co. Fletcher is pictured on the right with his life-long friend, Jeff Leonnig.

Some tidbits from Dallas Willard's Renovation of the Heart:
The single most importnt thing on out mind is our idea of God and the associated images.
My image of God was a heavenly being that carried a big stick, ready to clobber me if I stepped out of line.

The image over the years has evolved into a more accurate picture of Matthew 7:11: "You earthly fathers being evil, love to give good gifts to your children, how much more does your heavenly Father want to give to you."

Willard notes, The process of spiritual formation in Christ is one of progressively replacing destrctive images and ideas of God with the images that filled the mind of Christ Himself. "I and the Father are one."

I encourage you to obtain this book and enljoy with me a RENOVATION OF THE HEART.

No comments: