Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Search for Identity - an assessment - 7

Self-Esteem Assessments are fallible, however they can give us a fairly good picture of how we perceive ourselves. Have some fun with this one.

Respond with: Strongly agree; slightly agree; or disagree
1. When faced with a difficult task, I either do not try at all or give up easily. _____
2. People unjustly walk all over me. _____
3. I am careful never to depend on others. _____
4. I often find myself clinging to another person. _____
5. I rarely discuss my deepest thoughts with anyone. _____

6. I constantly seek companionship. _____
7. I seek to be alone rather than participate socially. _____
8. I tend to put myself down and exaggerate the importance of others. _____
9. I am shy and feel nervous when with others. _____
10. It makes me angry when people compare me to others who are doing better than myself. _____
11. I usually blame others for my problems. _____
12. I fear rejection and will do most anything to obtain approval. _____
13. I dwell on the unfavorable remarks and criticisms made by others. _____
14. I try to attract attention by any method that seems likely to succeed._____
15. I try to goven others. _____
16. I often try to get even with people who wrong me. _____
17. I feel satisfaction from ill news about another, even a public figure whom I do not know. _____
18. I need a sense of accomplishment at all times. _____
19. I play second fiddle too much, always a follower and never a leader, even permitting myself to be led against my will and better judgment. _____
20. I can’t accept praise without some embarrassment._____
21. I’m easily jealous. _____
22. I often boast about myself. _____
23. I am a very competitive person and must always win. I’ll even take advantage of others to win. _____
24. I find it difficult to make decisions. _____
25. I am often loud and boisterous. _____
26. I fear being different. _____
27. If I fail to get recognition, I pout._____
28. I am a perfectionist and often see myself as more capable than others. _____
29. I’m very selfish. ____
30. I don’t compliment others. _____
31. I enjoy correcting the mistakes of others._____
32. I have a difficult time making and keeping friends.
33. I often compare myself with others._____
34. I often fail. _____
35. Laziness, procrastination and lack of self-discipline are problems for me. _____
This assessment is designed to create a greater self awareness.No score is pass or fail. It would be helpful to have a close friend score you on this test also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ray. You rock, brother.