Thursday, September 25, 2008

God Speaks Through People - 2

Continuing on the topic,”God speaks through people”, I received this word from God through my friend Dan.
Ray, Relax! Rejoice! Remember!
Our Father in Heaven whose name is above all names, who created us and all there is, who is the author of our salvation, and who loves us beyond anything we can comprehend, urged me to write you this morning. He wanted you and your inner child to know that He is your true Father. With the passing of your earthly father, your inner child needs to know that it is your heavenly Father who upholds you and is with you at all times and forever! (Who can comprehend such an amazing thing!!)

I effectively lost my earthly father at the age of 10 when my parents divorced. My inner child was lost for many years until one day I encountered the living Christ. I became a member of the family of God and my Heavenly Father revealed Himself to me. He pointed out to me that as necessary and wonderful as earthly fathers are and can be, they are only His representatives until such time as our inner child meets and embraces our true Father. What a joy and comfort it is to remember, when my inner child feels lost and alone, that my older Brother, Jesus, and my Heavenly Father, GOD, are right here with me, carrying me as though on eagles wings!! (I am overwhelmed at the realization!!)

My earthly father was returned to me as a friend in these later years and I thank God, my Heavenly Father for that! I am equally thankful that I was able, with the Lord’s help, to forgive my earthly father for not being there for me as I was growing up. I have repented of my sin of ingratitude and anger against my earthly father for not being what I wanted him to be and what only my Heavenly Father could be. How gracious my Heavenly Father is to forgive me and to love me and to be to me what my inner child really needs. I am so glad to realize that one day, by the grace of GOD, I will stand in the presence of my Heavenly Father without any animosity or barrier between my earthly father and me. What a gift forgiveness is and what a joy it is to know the Forgiver!

Our Father in Heaven whose name is above all names, who created us and all there is, who is the author of our salvation, and who loves us beyond anything we can comprehend, surrounds you, Ray, with His love and His care!

Relax! Rejoice! Remember!

Your brother in Christ,
Dan
Am I not a very fortunate man to have a friend like Dan? God speaks to us through people!

No comments: