Friday, February 20, 2009

Knowing and Enjoying God - 2

Barron Olaf, ready for battle!

Three wonderful responses came to my query of yesterday - why and how do you know and enjoy God? Thanks Dan, Barb and Gary. These next posts will communicate the nuggests of truth they shared.

From Dan: I think there may be even another perspective. What has been presented so far seems to imply that knowing God better is something I personally initiate.

I think that God is at work at all times drawing me into a closer relationship with Himself. He will use whatever means He deems best based upon what it is in my life that is a barrier.
Sometimes adversity and sometimes enjoyment or exhilaration is His tool.

My challenge is to be prepared to recognize His outstretched hand and respond in faith. Scripture, prayer, praise, and all the spiritual disciplines can help prepare me to better perceive His hand at work.

I can hardly wait to share the other two nuggets with you in the next posts.

No comments: