Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knowing and Enjoying God - 4


Rich words from others continue to add to the study of Enjoying and Knowing God. Here is a peak into Barb’s kitchen window.

I was raised in a dysfunctional home where I didn't know I was loveable or likeable or worthy of love, time, and attention. I was deeply wounded by the time I accepted Christ in college. I applied my wounded perspective of love to the Father and lived a great deal of my Christian life feeling that I was on the group plan of being loved...For God so loved The World. I didn't know how much He loved me personally.

When I started exposing my true feelings and wounds to the Father, He healed me....it felt good to feel good. The black clouds of dysfunction were dissipated by the gentle rain of his love. So seeing the Lord as my healer, the lover of my soul draws me to Him....at times I just run to Him, because I ache to feel his love, His healing touch.

The darkness of my soul returned this past summer when I could not sense Him due to the drugs and their effects. But he came to me in His people....He told me that later when I could hear Him again. His Scriptures speak deeply to my soul of his love and his purposes for me. I hear Him in his Word...I feel Him when I pray...or when I take the sacred moments of my life to just be aware of Him. My pain shows me how powerful He is....He is bigger that it. So the natural everyday occurrences of pain, dysfunction and grief in this life are just tools in His hands to show me Himself. He is too big to use just one thing.

All of life's experiences are ordained to show me Him. Each moment is a direct encounter with Him. I like Kipling's poem "If".....If you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same. Everything leads back to Him. Nothing is to be our master, but our servants.
Thanks Barb, for your words of encouragement and instruction.

No comments: