Thursday, February 26, 2009

Knowing and Enjoying God - 6

Let’s continue our quest in knowing God. What is your “feltness" picture of God? Not what you know about God but how you feel about Him. At times feelings can be stronger and make a deeper impression than thoughts.

Is your view of God like a Santa God: “making a list and checking it twice…” Like He keeps tab of your good and “bad” activity?

Or, is it one of a Corporate CEO: climb the ladder, but always one more rung to climb – never quite good enough?

Scrooge: “all I've done for you - you owe me.”

Grandfather: “Do what you like, be happy, no consequences, ask for anything, I'll give it to you."

Uncaring stepdad: uninterested, uninvolved.

General Patton: “I don’t care how you feel, just do as I say”

Consider praying and writing with me about how we’d like to see our perception of God change, asking Him to show us misperceptions and to give us a clearer vision of who He really is.

No comments: