Friday, April 17, 2009

Attributes of God 5


Looking again at God's attributes to help us know and enjoy Him better, we begin with His core being, Love. Whether I deserve it or not, His love is always consistent for me. 1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.
Jeremiah 31:3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

Omnipotent - There is no limit to God's authority, ability and power.
Psalms 147:5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.

Omnipresent - My God is everywhere and sees everything, yet his eye never leaves me.
Psalms 139:7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Omniscient - God knows everything.
John 21:17 "Lord, you know all things;"

Patience -
Romans 15:5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,

Peace -
Romans 15:33 The God of peace be with you all. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

Power-
Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
Ephesians 1:19-20 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,

Reminder: God challenges us in Hosea 6:6 - I don't want your sacrifices, I want your love. I don't want your burnt offerings, I just want you to know Me.

No comments: