Monday, April 27, 2009

God's Presence


In our quest for knowing and enjoying God, we’re reminded that it is Him we are to seek, not what He can do for us. Granted, as we know God more intimately, security, peace of mind, significance and feeling loved are by-products. Blessings of knowing God more personally. But it is Him for which we are to search.

The Bible does say we are to “ask and it shall be given unto you.” But in our natural tendency to be selfish and selfcentered, we do not always ask for what is best for us. One of the cool blessings of walking more closely with Abba Papa is that we ask less and less for things because we understand more clearly that “You earthly fathers being evil love to give good gifts to your children, how much more your Heavenly Father wants to give to you.” (Matthew 7:11). Matthew 6:8 says “Your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.” Asking for things becomes more of a “just want to hang out with you Father. Just want to be in your presence. Just want to be available to do or be whatever is in your plan.

In our maturation process, we understand more undoubtedly His love for us. His sovereign power is protecting us and “causing all things to work out for our good, the good of others and for His glory.” Because we know that “everything is needful that God sends and nothing is needful that God withholds.”

WE appreciate at an even deeper level that
“God is who He says He is.
And God can do what He says He can do.
And I am who God says I am.
And I can do all things through Christ.
And God’s Word is alive and active in me.”

The question we all have to answer is: Am I totally surrendered to Him, my time, my talents, my total being, so that He can do whatever He wants to with me?

No comments: