Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yellowstone lessons - 2


“Spirituality is most mature when we arrive at a sense of abundance that is not related to the material. The great sin against God is to live in such a way that others don’t see us as wealthy in the spiritual sense. To live a shabby spiritual life makes others see our God as a poor Father. I don’t have to have material things to have contentment.” More pregnant thoughts from Calvin Miller’s book, Into the Depths of God.

“Contentment does not come from what is grabbed or nabbed. Contentment is not from what you grasp, but from what grasps you.”

I’m noticing that the more of my life I surrender to Him, the more of me He can grasp. The more of me He grasps, the more peace and joy I experience. As you saw in yesterday’s post, He didn’t have much of a grasp of my attitude at rainy, chilly Yellowstone Park. Peace and joy were not descriptors for me. My attitude made my Father look shabby. More lessons from Yellowstone!

No comments: