Saturday, June 19, 2010

Grandparenting ministry - day 4

This new “grandparenting ministry.” as mentioned in the last posting, might be as much for our good as for grand kids. I’m out of my comfort zone - my being at home regimen, that is so predictable, so secure. Life is “out of my control here. Traffic through the big cities - hectic. A nasty four-car accident not only slows down traffic, but reminds us of our mortality. The truck, on a fritz, cost us unplanned bucks and 5 hours in a Ford shop waiting room. Just a small sampling of being oout of control.
As I ask people going through some type of adversity: “what can you learn from this?” I’m asking myself the same question.
I believe what the Lord is wanting to teach me now is a deeper trust in Him - regardless of circumstances.
Psalm 62 tells me “wait patiently on the Lord for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my fortress where I will not be shaken.” That is a concept that can only be.learned when circumstancs are uncomfortable - like now!
“Father, thanks for your patience with this hardheaded Norwegian/Estonian and continue to work in me a deeper trust .
After 2000 miles, we see the kids this evening. Yea!

No comments: