Friday, May 20, 2011

Giving up Driving

Giving up driving is a real challenge. If I didn't have a loving, supportive wife it would even be harder.It is also nice to have a friend who experiences "sympatheic pain" with  me. A note fom John read:

 In the midst of your grief over your loss of driving privileges (precipitated by a poor judgement trailer wreck) Olaf maybe my story can bring a smile to your face:

Susan and I were driving to the store about 8:30 tonight...in the rain. I was going to let her off at the front door and go do an errand and pick her up at the same spot. I was telling her about your little accident and deciding to quit driving and then she screamed..."John". At that very moment I hit the string of grocery carts that the bag boy was pushing across the cross walk into the store. He was not hurt, the carts were not hurt, Susan got out and I drove on.

But, it was at the precise moment of telling Susan about you that the Sanctified Grocery Carts got the hell beat out of them. By the way, you do know how Catholics make holy water, I presume. They take ordinary tap water and boil the hell out of it.
 
The nex t day his note read :
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BVD, Inc. announced today at a press conference held at the CNN offices that they are open for business. BVD guarantees they will demolish anything the customer needs to be demolished…and they will do it faster and cheaper than any competitor. Their motto is:

“Satisfaction guaranteed or double your junk back to you.”

BVD specializes in any size demolition work…they can handle everything from small trailers and riding lawn mowers to grocery store carts to your basic manure smelling barn. This is why their secondary motto is: “No order or odor is too big or too small.”

The officers of this new and growing company are R. Olaf Burwick and J. Eddie Vawter. Dr. Burwick, President and Chief Executive Officer said, “If this sanctified business grows as fast as the Nazzie preachers can spit out their words of wisdom from the pulpits of America, there is no reason for us not to have a public offering by the end of the year.” Rev. Dr. Vawter said, “I have no idea what is going on. Dr. Burwick asked me to listen to his 3-minute presentation and 15 minutes later I had to go to the bathroom so I said yes.”

Please remember for all your demolition needs big or small

Burwick Vawter Demolition is the one to call."

How blessed I am go have a friend like John.

No comments: