Monday, August 20, 2007

Stealing fast cars: prison


I love cars and speed. I thought the only way I could drive a hot, fast car was to steal it. I didn’t have the money to buy one. The meth and other drugs enhanced the idea to go for it. Result? Got caught. Prison.


My childhood was a bit rough. When I was about 10 years old, Mom stabbed my step-dad to death. He had been beating her. She landed in prison and we kids were shipped around to different relatives. One of which was an uncle who was a pastor. My biological dad was gone. Divorce and long haul trucking.


Nine months after the murder, Mom was acquitted on grounds of self-defense. We came to live with her. She quickly became a raging alcoholic. Mean. Beat up boyfriends and her kids. After a while she gave up the alcohol but took on meth.


In the sixth grade, my uncles provided cigarettes, then alcohol and then drugs, leading to a life of meth, pot, coke, LSD and heroin.


I became a fighter. Had to. We lived in a ghetto where there were only a couple white families. We were the minority and got beat up a lot – until I toughened up. I was in class one day and the kid in front of me was giving me a hard time. I sharpened my pencil and stabbed him in the neck. Got kicked out of school for that.


At 17, I got into the occult – black magic, devil worshipping. In 2002 I went to my uncle’s church. Demons were cast out of me and I was saved. But there was a tremendous lure back into black magic that I fought for years. It has progressively decreased in magnetisim.

My dad is back in prison. Drugs. He’s dying of Aids. I’ve forgiven him and keep in contact with him regularily.


Stealing cars, drugs and running from the cops landed me in jail. It was at that time that I began to learn the power of prayer. I was to appear before the judge to hear my sentencing. I prayed and asked God to change her mind so that I could go to the Lighthouse rehab program. I didn’t use a lawyer. I prayed. Told the judge my story. The Lighthouse was my next step. Been here for four months.


Prayer continues, not only for my own growth but for healing. Healing, not only emotionally but phsycially – for my drug-messed with brain and for herpes. A miracle has happened. The herpes is healed. I just received the report from the testing service and they say my herpes test was negative. Praise the Lord.
Robert

No comments: