Friday, August 31, 2007

A Praise Post


This is a praise post. When the Lord has handed me two neat miracles, I've got to boast about Him.

I was asked to preach at a local church last Sunday morning. It has been 15 to 20 years since I've had that opportunity. And when asked, I didn't jump for it. My first reaction was negative. This past year my stuttering has taken a significant nose dive and there are times I get so stuck on a word it doesn't come out as hard and long as I try. But after praying about it, I accepted. It seemed God was saying, "Go for it, Ray."

My journal reads, "Father, I'd sure appreciate not stuttering much when I preach Sunday. For fluency, I ask. However, not my will but yours. If I'm more productive for You stuttering - so be it. I'd like to be used by You to 'set the captives free.' Anoint me as You see fit. Bind the Evil One from his destructive ways. Prepare hearts." I called my son for prayer.

Monday's journal entry reads, "Wow, God you were awesome. Very little stuttering. Felt empowered. Had fun. Theresa thought it went well." But, I liked what seemed to be a greater miracle. My son!

He called Sunday afternoon and asked how it went. I gave him the report and he started to weep. My journal reports his words. "Dad, Holly and I went to the prayer chapel after church and I told the man in charge that I wanted to pray for my dad. He's preaching this morning and he stutters real badly. I'd like God to give dad my voice during that preaching time. The man told me that God would like to give him His voice, would stand behind him in the pulpit and I'd be standing behind Him. Ray also wanted to sacifice for me so he gave up talking during that hour."

This is the young man who has been a prodigal, into some very destructive ways, who has been turning it around the past couple months. As we wept for joy together I just couldn't help praising God for how He has drawn my son to Himself and how we can now share together the most important thing in life - our walk with Christ.

Ray closed our phone conversation with, "Dad, that's the first mystical miracle I've ever experienced. This is so exciting."

Thank you God for two very special miracles.

No comments: