Friday, November 2, 2007

Judge Not



I was shocked, confused, bewildered as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heavenwho made me sputter and gasp--the thieves, the liars, the sinners,the alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh gradewho swiped my lunch money twice. Next to him was my old neighbor who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thoughtwas rotting away in hell,was sitting pretty on cloud nine,looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?God must've made a mistake."
And why's everyone so quiet,so somber - give me a clue.""Hush, child," He said, "they're all in shock. No one thought they'd be seeing you."
JUDGE NOT (anonymous)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh heh. well put. hope all is well. the usual persistent change at this end. been reading Lewis' Screwtape Letters and The Four Loves. and the fifth Harry Potter book. just started L'engle's A Wrinkle In Time. recently discovered that my life is based largely on pride. trying to forge a solid new friendship with a girl at work. much love to you. miss you, and look forward to seeing you again.