Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knowing and Enjoying God 10

A bright young man from Birmingham responded to yesterday's post

Aye. I have thoughts. I want to be with God because we fit together. My sinfulness doesn't fit, but my sinfulness isn't me (rom.7:17-23). As for being rewarded by spending time with God, well, that's unavoidable. You don't go to God with a dispassionately altruistic goal of "doing good, eschewing the reward". That's twisted.

If you're too focused on the REWARD, though, instead of the PERSON, well, I don't really think that's possible. A man your age knows time with God as a reward all its own. As THE reward. As far as I'm concerned, I don't care what we do in Heaven. If The LORD is there, then that pretty much wraps it up.

Also, the Inventor of Cosmos really delivers the spectacle and laughter and warmth and thrill and all that. Do I sound strident? I always feel like internet text misrepresents my tone of "voice" when I write. Eye contact and smiles are indespensible to conversation. I try with what crude tools are at hand, though. Well, that's enough from me. Take everything I just wrote and let it be represented by this, my actual thought on the matter: Jesus' Dad loves me! Yay!

And He loves you! And you love Him!
So, that means that maybe the two of you will build a big, galaxy-sized barn one day, and I can come help raise one of the walls (a mammoth project, employing hundreds of souls and thousands of years). Or maybe I could bring everyone everlasting sodas and just watch for a while.

Deep thoughts from a wise young man! Thanks, Russ.

1 comment:

William R. Wallace said...

Not so young. 33 at my next birth.