Saturday, January 23, 2010

Focus in 2010

Scoleris and Burwicks eating Idaho spuds in Orlando at Five Guys.

New Year’s resolutions are usually counter-productive. They often last through the first month and thereafter rapidly dwindle in effectiveness. Result? Guilt.

However, I’ve found that having a yearly focus is very productive.“What is God wanting to do in my life? What is my purpose in life at this stage?” These two questions seem to be posed to me by the Father for this new year.

Psalm 139:23-24 seems to be my verses for 2010, In the NLT is states: Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

The Message Bible has an interesting translation of the passage: Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong— then guide me on the road to eternal life.

Thus, with these two verses in the forefront of my mind, an abreviated rendition is my “mantra” for 2010: Father, search me, confront me and guide me along your path.

This I believe addresses my two questions: “What is God wanting to do in my life? What is my purpose in life at this stage?”

How about you? What are your thoughts to this game plan? Have you any new year proposals? Let me know at rburwick@mindspring.com.

No comments: