Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gabriella, Gretchen and Dominick
our Florida family attraction



Montana Gary, in his usual perceptive and articulate way, contributes his thoughts in response to yesterday's blog.

"Your mantra is familiar—I’ve learned that I must ask Father to do that with me because I do not do it well myself. As introspective as I tend to be, I have blind spots, areas I miss when I consider growth in Christ, growth in the Father, growth in the Spirit. I am blind to what may be the most important areas of my life that the Lord desires to do business over so I do not consider change or growth there. It is only through being open to His searching, allowing and welcoming His probing of my character and paradigm that I am willing to accept His redirection into a path truly His.

"How often I become satisfied in myself and see little need for change until He discomforts me with His view of my life. Being open to His probing, accepting His queries about my values and practices, becoming honest in my responses to Him, is key to staying faithfully His. His is a change agenda, continually being conformed to His image, rather than entrenched and satisfied in myself and my comfort zone.

"My goal not only for the year but also for each day is to stay in step with what He is revealing to me and in my life continually. I do not want to be the man that argues with God about moving in His direction. I do not want to lag behind or run ahead but rather to be close enough to be holding His hand, hearing His heartbeat, near enough to be in arm’s reach. Near is never too near, far enough away is always too far. Gary"

Thanks Gary, for your meaningful contribution to this blog site.

No comments: