Monday, March 8, 2010

Gary's thoughts on Life's Purpose


"Just how much do I want to be shocked by the transition to being in His presence in heaven? Would it not be far better to live as close to His image now, to take His values as my own, to expend my energies on His desires, to have my heart beating with His now than to wait for Him to perfect me after I die.
"My goal is to make the transition the least traumatic as possible, to live in Him now and right on through death into the next phase of life. I desire for my life to all be “with” Him.

"Practically, how better to be prepared to be with Him than to be with Him? How better to demonstrate His image in this world than to live with Him and express Him in all of life, to be His now as well as then?

"Yes, the other side of physical death will be different but I don’t want to experience the shock of totally different focus because I lived on this side for myself and then transition to for Him on the other side. My desire is that the rest of my life, including beyond physical death, would be a continuum in journey with Him. And he was no more because he walked with God. "
Thanks Gary for you insightful challenge.
Having hip replacement Tuesday, so will be out of blog pocket for a few days. Would appreciate your prayers for Theresa, that her load will not be heavy as she "coaches" me.

No comments: