Monday, March 7, 2011

Fear / Insecurity


Loss can significantly reveal how a person views him(her) self. Everyone carries at least a smidgen of insecurity / fear. I know I’m the “chiefest of sinners,” however the loss of my mobility and strength certainly has triggered the “what ifs” and “what will I’s”.
So, when God through Isaiah spoke again to me this morning, addressing the subject of fear/insecurity, I was so grateful. It reminds me again of the importance of being in the Bible consistently.
Listen in to God’s monologue with me an hour ago from Isaiah chapter 46.

3 “Listen to me, descendants of Jacob,
all you who remain in Israel.
I have cared for you since you were born.
Yes, I carried you before you were born.
4 I will be your God throughout your lifetime—
until your hair is white with age. (That is me.)
I made you, and I will care for you.
I will carry you along and save you.
9 Remember the things I have done in the past.
For I alone am God!
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 Only I can tell you the future
before it even happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass,
for I do whatever I wish.

Some may say, “That was written to the Jews of that day. It doesn’t necessarily apply to you in the present.” I do believe we can’t arbitrarily pick a passage and claim that personally. However, as you examine Scripture in totality, God wants to give good gifts to His children. He wants to bless us and wants us to be a blessing. His blessing to me this morning was found in Isaiah 46, which supports my favorate passage:

Romans 15:13 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: