Sunday, March 6, 2011

I don’t mind stopping and asking for directions. It is important to me to know where I am going – especially if I’m lost. That has happened a few times in our new Northern Kentucky travels where the topography is marked by hilly and curvy back roads.

Since leaving Nampa, I’ve been asking God for directions. Where are Theresa and I headed? The plans to love on and encourage our kids and grandkids was thwarted by my accident November 15. After nearly 5 months, I’m getting around somewhat to be with my son’s children. Began driving the car again last week! Yea!!

Plans for building our house have been frustrated, first by a set of plans that projected the cost of construction to be $169,000 that turned out to be in the $400’s; and by the zoning commission that nixed a plan that was a gorgeous building.

It is kind of like flying into Chicago – a long holding pattern. “God, I like to do things. Have an objective in mind. Where am I headed? Can’t do the things I had planned, Build a barn. Do rock work. Leg pain is too severe. (Though it is much better.)

Then this morning in my meditation time with God, I read Isaiah 45. It was like He had drawn me to His side, put His arm around me and said: “I will go before you, Cyrus, (Ray) and level the mountains. I will smash down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness— secret riches.

I will do this so you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name. And why have I called you for this work? Why did I call you by name when you did not know me? It is for the sake of Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. I am the LORD; there is no other God. I have equipped you for battle, though you don’t even know me, so all the world from east to west will know there is no other God.

I am the LORD, and there is no other. I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.”

Still don’t know where I am headed, but one of the benefits of staying in the Word is to place oneself in a position to hear from Him. I needed that communication from Him today. Hidden treasure in darkness. Patience, Ray

No comments: