Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stuttering Experiment

God through the writer of Isaiah continues to inspire, challenge and encourage me.

Stuttering has really taken off and at times have to spell a word cuz I can’t say it. Thus this morning Isaiah 57:19 Amp leaped off the page at me. "Peace, peace, to him who is far off [both Jew and Gentile] and to him who is near! says the Lord; I create the fruit of his lips, and I will heal him [make his lips blossom anew with speech in thankful praise] "

“You are stretching that one, Burwick, if you are interpreting that to mean God will heal you,” one may say. Well, I may be, but here is my take on it. God could give me fluent speech immediately, if He chose – if not here, for sure in heaven. I believe He is telling me to apply Phillipians 4:8 to my speaking. “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”

Not only think them, but speak them. Be more careful of the verbage content. I’m going to endeavor to follow this Philippians guide for today and I’ll see what happens. Let you know tomorrow.

No comments: