Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stuttering Experiment Results

Wow! What a challenging test. I wrote in yesterday’s post about a connection between Isaiah 57:19 and Philippians 4:8 addressing my stuttering: "I create the fruit of his lips, and I will heal him make his lips blossom anew with speech in thankful praise" and ... “Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."

It was my objective to not only think them, but also speak them. Being more careful of the verbiage content, endeavoring to follow this Philippians guide for the day.
The test began with a new sleeping pill that back-fired. Besides triggering a halucination that scared the daylights out of me, the pill didn’t produce sleep til a few hours after taken. Then I fought grogginess for a couple hours.

My injured leg was acting up in a different way, that prompted the little voice in the closet to say: “amputation.” Other inconvienences reminded me of my challenge for the day. “Fix your thoughts and speech on what is true….

The experiement didn’t impact my stuttering, but it was a good reminder of the mental / emotional health that kind of thinking and speaking produces. It reminded me that thoughts can be controlled even when the circumstances can dictate otherwise. I will continue.

And Gary’s encouraging note was so helpful:
Ray,
My prayer for you today is that you think, believe and speak the Words of God at all times, that you have the confidence of what He would say in all situations, that your speech would build up in Him, that you would believe the truth in all things, that all would glorify God, that you may see and hear what God will do through His Word flowing out of His heart in you.

I am so blessed to have Gary as an encouraging friend. That will remain in my email post and be my prayer mantra.

No comments: