Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ultimate Security 3, Ann Burwick


Ann finished yesterday's post with: We are simply not enough for each other because we are human, we sin and fail each other, but God can be enough.

OFTEN single women learn to know God as husband ; as PERFECT companion, provider, protector. Then they marry a human and are expecting the same perfection. Not! Results are ANGER AND INSECURITY.

The Bible tells us, PSA 62:5-6 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
PSA 73:25-26 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.


Although my insecurity showed itself in dependence it may show itself in your life
1 in needing to be in control of your situation and of others.
2.You may compare yourself with others and feel inadequate or
3.you may strive to perform well to gain the admiration and acceptance of others. In any case the answer is the same: finding our deep need for security and adequacy met in our relationship with the Lord.

Again, God says: ISA 33:6 He will be the sure foundation for your times,....
ISA 43:l But now, this is what the LORD says - he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
ISA 49:15-16 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! ISA 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
ISA 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

BUT besides looking to the wrong source for our emotional security there are other reasons why we feel insecure even when we know God.
1. Holding wrong beliefs about God, who He is and how He feels about me, will also keep me from experiencing security...
2. FOCUSING ON OUR FAILURES AND UNWORTHY FEELINGS keeps us from the confidence of knowing who we are in Christ and thus our security.
3. Seeing how we fall short of consistently honoring God with our actions and attitudes may cause us to feel unworthy to claim God's promised blessings.
4. We see our lack of love for Him and obedience to Him and know we grieve Him; and wonder if He can possibly be pleased with us even if we feel our eternal destiny is secure.
Thankfully the truth of JUSTIFICATION can give us boldness, confidence and security before God. Justification means more than forgiveness of sins II Cor. 5:21 says: He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf - that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. In the same act of love where He "remembers no more" our sins - He also provides for our righteousness - the worthiness to stand in God's presence - God no longer sees us as condemned sinners - but as Christs righteousness fully pleasing to Him. I can't think of a more secure place to be.
More tomorrow

No comments: