Friday, February 22, 2008

Identity - Knowing God 10

Men's small groups "rock."
WE left our last post with knowing God through his creation; knowing Him more deeply through the Word. Then allowing God to scrutinize us for cleansing, resulting in “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my firm, impenetrable rock and my redeemer.”

But He is more. He is a personal Father. ”To as many as received Christ, to those he gives the right to become children of God,” John.1:12.
Knowing God personally is great but even more profound, we’re known by God. 1 Corinthains.8:3 (Amplified) says, “But if one loves God truly, with affectionate reverence, prompt obedience and grateful recognition of His blessing, he is known by God, that is, recognized as worthy of His intimacy and love, and he is owned by him.”

As a member of God’s family, I’m known by God. I’m a person of worth. I am so valuable to God that HE wants an intimate, loving relationship with me. Can anything beat that? Abba Papa is saying to me: “Ray, I love you so much. You are my treasure. I want to build a close bond with you. I want to be on the racketball court with you. Sit beside you at your computer. Relating with other people right beside you, loving them encouraging them with you. Stuttering with you. Hurting with you. Ray, I want to hang out with you all the time.”

We’re transitioning from a universal view of God as father of all creation, to the most intimate daddyhood of God. Christ set the stage at Gethsemane as seen in Mark 14:36 “Abba, Father, everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”

Sometimes God says “no” to our petitions because He knows a “yes” would not be the best for us. Sometimes He says “wait.” To Jesus, God said "no," for my sake and for yours.

"Abba PaPa, in Matthew:7-11 you tell me that as much as my earthly father wanted to give to me and do for me, how much more you as a perfect father will do for and give to me. Thank you Abba PaPa. I love you. I trust you even though at times it looks like you’re not listening to my pleas.”
Are we beginning to catch a glimpse of a personal loving and accepting PaPa God? He is more than that, but a God of Love is foundational to the Christian walk.

No comments: