Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Identity - Knowing God 11

The latest picture of our newest granddaughter, Bella Rose Burwick

I'm grateful for Leah's comments written after yesterday's post. She wrote, "The only examples that you gave of earthly fathers were negative. I didn't like that. There are alot of good Daddy's out there. Mine wasn't perfect by any means, but the overall gist of him was positive. He was loving, spent lots of time with us, and loved the Lord."





Astute observation Leah. I stand corrected. Although I believe as hard as I tried to be a good dad (as I'm sure most dads do), we are flawed. And frequently those flaws vitiate our view of God. I certainly wish I could do that parenting thing all over again, though I suspect I'd make a whole new set of mistakes.

I guess, Leah, that our challenge is to be grateful for the strengths of our fathers and appreciate them as helping us view God more clearly. IN conjunction, realize their weaknesses may obstruct a clear view of the reality of Jehovah.

No matter the childhoods we had, as sojourners in the walk of Faith in Jesus, the privilege of seeking HIm, knowing Him and enjoying the journey with Him is ours.

Let me give you a little taste of tomorrow's post:


“Why, O Lord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?” Have you ever felt that way? A man after God’s own heart (King David) is the source for this quote in Psalm 9:1 and later in Psalm 13: How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death; my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

No comments: