Thursday, October 16, 2008

Self Discipline and Addiction - 6

The contributor to yesterday's blog continues.

"I have more questions. When is it feel good time?
Is self discipline a destination or some thing to take with us on the journey of life? Maybe its just a matter of setting short term goals end to end to reach a long term desired outcome. Not looking too far forward, I’m hoping to break down my long term goals into what can be accomplished today.

“Is it as simple as picking up the clothes on my closet floor everyday? Or not putting them there in the first place?
I’m beginning to see that nothing long term is accomplished without self discipline and that is a continuing part of my drug recovery.
“How can I possess something I know nothing about? It is hell learning something at the age of 50 when I should have learned this when I was 6 or 7.
I’m going to define self discipline as the ability to enjoy something you must do or don’t want to do because in the end, doing right is a reward in it self. The reward? A life changing for the better – prayer, praise and worship life, home life, love life, work and hobbies all involves some sort of discipline.”

He goes on to say that the book “Richest Man Whoever Lived” says that the root cause of laziness is self-centeredness, conceit, ignorance and irresponsibility.

I like the way this contributor to the blog is wrestling with his addiction to ease. He has broken the hard addiction to meth. Now it’s time for the self discipline to become a habit, rather than the addiction to ease, self gratification.

We’ll be going through steps of correction later.

No comments: