Sunday, April 1, 2007

How is your personal caliber

The caliber of a man is found in his ability to meet disappointment successfully, enriched rather than narrowed by it. Thomas Kelly in “Testament of Devotion”

I stutter. And at the age of 68 it is becoming more exaggerated. I’ve not always met the disappointment of this speaking pattern successfully as Kelly commends, however I believe the speaking challenge has enriched my life rather than narrowing it. I’ve gained through the loss of fluent speech.

The following four blog posts will be my stutter story. You may not stutter, but everyone has personal challenges. I hope you’ll be able to relate and benefit from my life story, learning to be enriched rather than narrowed by whatever tough time you may be experiencing. Please indulge me in allowing me to share with you the unique opportunity I’ve faced.

No comments: