Thursday, April 26, 2007

VIRGINIA TECH


From an Oriental friend who is a student at Virginia Tech comes this message:

After a very special week at VA Tech, I gave my thanks to GOD. If there is no God, how can people still have hope, how could people get through the difficult time? If there is no God, how could people to forgive and so nice to each other now? Here is no hate and angry, but the love from God. There are many priests and missionaries came to campus too. Now, everyone says: "we will prevail. We are Virginia Tech."

Classes resumed again on Monday and life seems back to normal, which is what the school wants. But many people are still dealing with fear. From Bible, I know if God would protect us, no one can hurt us. But I am still have kind of strong feeling of fear... Joy

My response to her included the following:
"I'm so sorry, Joy, for the trauma you have experienced because of the killings. I'm glad to hear that God's love and hope are permeating the campus. It would be normal for you to have fear but I believe the experience will heighten your dependency on God, ultimately turning a horrible situation to good for you and others who claim God as their provider. Psalm 91 comes to mind as I converse with you. You experienced that one day not long ago at Virginia Tech."

Would you continue to join me in prayer for the Virginia Tech community, that evil will be overcome and God’s miraculous power be demonstrated. That comfort and healing be their’s who have lost loved ones and friends.

I'd be glad to print stories you have heard about God's working through the trauma. Drop me a note at Rburwick@mindspring.com.

No comments: