Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alarm Connection

Maybe you easily connect with God in spontaneous ways throughout the day. I find myself thanking Him for a blessing; or, asking for help in some action or change of my attitude, rather consistenly all through the day.

But for me there was an intentionality missing. I’m intentional in my discipline of solitude early each morning but there seemed to be more for my communication with the Father all day long. This alarm system about which I have been speaking in the last posts is becoming very intriguing.

I’m finding that the alarm sounding every two hours is becoming an anticipated event that often begins with gratitude. And in the study I’m doing on Parkinson’s Disease, there seems to be a link between gratitude / joy to the production of dopamine in the brain. (The dissipation of dopamine is the chemical precursor for PD.) Thus it is possible that I’m not only enjoying more connection with God but could also be helping reduce the effects of PD. Interesting!

Nevertheless, the quest for developing a listening ear to hear God speak is moving forward. Are you experimenting with the alarm system?

No comments: