Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Alarm

The alarm system is becoming less “intrusive” and more anticipatory. Every two hours the cell phone alarm rings and in the hustle, bustle, noisey world, I’m reminded of God’s love and grace; how He wants to connect with me.

So, in just a few short days my attitude has changed from, “Don’t bother me, I’m busy,” to an acknowledgement of my love and gratitude to Him; or, the alarm triggers a thought to pray for somebody. At other times I have some space and can use that time to go over the passage of Scripture that I’m memorizing – currently Romas 12 (the most practical explanation of living out the Christ-life.) Usually I include the request to hear from Him.

I’m not aware of His speaking to me yet in that manner.
You might consider trekking this experimental journey with me in the quest of becoming a stronger listener.

No comments: