Friday, August 1, 2008

Does God REALLY Listen

Communication with our Abba Father. The vertical conversation is stifled if we are packing some known sin in our lives and not being repentant. Yesterday’s post used Old Testament verses to support this thought.

The New Testament would verify with the significance of a clear conscience. First John 3:21-22 Dear friends, if we don’t feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence. And we will receive from him whatever we ask because we obey him and do the things that please him.

Two chapters later, John reminds us of the importance of realizing that God listens to us when we make requests to Him in line with His will.
And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

This has been a real source of consternation for me and for many others. I’ve asked God for certain things that would seem to be in His will. I’ve petitioned with a clear conscience. And ZIP. NYET! NADA! It made me wonder if God really listens to me. Or, was there sin in my life tht I didn’t realize? I became quite cynical and angry at God for seemingly setting me up for high expectations and then pulling the rug out from under me. Have you ever felt that way?
Let’s discuss this in our next post.

No comments: